This is a framework for D&D that i use for maptools b87. It should be noted that this is a very simple framework, very useful for a DM but somewhat limited for players.
A Few Important Notes
- PLEASE do not ask me to add more properties, i might be willing to add a single one, but for the most part for your tokens i would prefer if you simply worked with the ones that are already available, especially as many of them i do not actually “use” or require to be used.
- I display monster attributes on their token just like the players, the only thing of importance that isn’t displayed is their resistances/vulnerabilities/immunity, however even those can be seen by just double clicking on the token. (I do have a habit of changing them though).
- Each monster that i use almost always (unless it was a unique monster i made myself just recently and didn’t bother making an official looking sheet for it using the DDI builder), has it’s full boot stat block visible by clicking on the token and going to show handout.
- On the main campaign file i host there is a starting map called token workshop. Here is where you can find several other PC tokens that you can use to copy/modify to make into your own flavor of macros. Many of these are not my own so i can only help you with them in a very limited sense. PLEASE COPY THE TOKENS NOT MODIFY THE ONES THERE.
Macros should have the following information on them, though where/how it is presented is up to. However this is all information that needs to be SENT TO CHAT not just on button mouse over.
- Power Name
- Power Range/Area
- Number of Targets
- Trigger, Requirement, Miss, Hit & Effects all easy to note the differences in
- Damage & Hit formulas MUST SHOW THE DIE ROLL, though this can be on mouse over of the tool tip.
- Some more useful but not required by me things to include are action type (minor/standard), keywords, as well as power type (at will, encounter)
The following is a list and brief description of what campaign macros i have, i am willing to add more at player request
- Damage Taken-modifys your damage and sets the life bar accordingly, -values add hp, does not do surges
- Total Defense-Toggles the total defense state and bonuses
- Action Point-posts saying you spend an AP and takes away 1 AP
- Roll Initiative-Rolls d20+your initiative property and asks for a Mod value to add as well
- Targeting-Sends a list to the chat of what all tokens you have selected
- d20s-Rolls a number of d20s, asks for a mod on each one separately
- Done-Types DONE in bold in chat, advances the initiative tree
- Skill Check-Pops up a screen where you select your skill and put in any extra mods
- Color Code-types out a description of the colors i use for power buttons with my framework
- Negative Effects-types out a /self list of negative properties for D&D and their effects
- HP/HS Check-Lists the hit points and healing surges of any selected token
- Stat Input Character-Opens up a list of variables to put in for your character token, overwrites ALL CURRENT VALUES
- DM Power Macro-Pops up a window to make a power macro, goes by my personal framework
- No Attack Macro-Pops up a window to make a power macro that has no attack/damage rolls, goes by my personal framework
This is a list of the visible campaign properties that show on token mouse over.
This is a list of all campaign properties